Pet Loss Resources
The information and resources provided below offer guidance regarding the profound grief in losing an animal companion and help to provide comfort during this difficult time. There are also resources to help provide support and guidance during the final stages of your pets life.
Four Seasons Pet Loss Grief Support Group
• Who: Anyone who has lost a pet, is grieving and needs further support. Please do not bring pets to the grief support meetings.
• What: Four Seasons Pet Loss Grief Support Group
• When: The first Tuesday of every month from 5:30-6:30 pm
• Where: 373 Biltmore Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801
• Why: Because your feelings of grief matter, and our pets are our family
• Cost: There is no cost to group participants. Four Seasons Bereavement Support services are made possible by community support and philanthropic donations. For more information on how to support the mission of Four Seasons and this program in particular, please call the Four Seasons Foundation at 828.513.2440. www.FourSeasonsCFL.org
Due to Covid-19 the Four Seasons Grief Support Group is cancelled. Kelly Caudle, who directs the group, is providing grief support over the phone. Please call (828) 989-8161.
The University of Tennessee Veterinary Social Work Help Line is dedicated to helping individuals dealing with pet loss and grief or the stress of caring for a pet with a life limiting illness.
Helpline : (865)755-8839, Monday through Friday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Christy Gunther MA, LPC, LCAS Offers individual pet loss counseling. Covered by most health insurance. 3 Woodfin Rd. Asheville, NC 28804
Lisa Harris, LCSW is a licensed clinical social worker who has experience in helping clients cope with all aspects of pet caregiving and loss.She is passionate about providing support and comfort to clients whose lives have been affected by caring for and losing a dear animal companion.
Shannon Slater, LPC Offers individualized counseling in pet loss.
SUPPORT FOR CHILDREN
The following website the Pragmatic Mom offers a wonderful review of several children’s books covering the topic of pet loss.